8 Best Sulfate-Free Shampoos in Malaysia: Price and Reviews 2020
We've been asked the following questions frequently: What shampoos are sulfate free? What happens when you switch to sulfate free shampoo? Is sulfate free shampoo really better for your hair?
Sulfates are the foaming agents found in traditional shampoos. These foaming agents can have negative effects when they prove too harsh for your hair, stripping it off its natural oils and drying it to the point where it’s brittle and limp. One sulfate commonly used in shampoos is called SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate). Sulfates are also listed under the Hazard List of MadeSafe.org under the 'surfactants' category.
There are many shampoos in the market and it's not easy to choose the right one for yourself. Below, our picks of the best sulfate-free shampoos that you can buy from your nearest retail stores like Watsons or Guardian Malaysia or online from Lazada Malaysia.
- SOFTENING & HYDRATING: Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter Shampoo is blended with creamy shea butter, rich coconut & macadamia oils. This healing, sulfate free shampoo helps leave hair looking and feeling soft and hydrated, with a healthy glow.
- HEAL, HYDRATE & SOFTEN: Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter shampoo, conditioner, raw oil & hair mask help to deeply quench, nourish & soften dry strands, to get hair back to looking healthy. Minimize split ends & give hair a healthy looking glow.
- SOFT, HYDRATED HAIR: Creamy shea butter, rich coconut oil & macadamia oil come together in the Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter line. Moisturize strands, mend split ends, & get your hair back to looking healthy with this deeply quenching formula.
- UNIQUE BLEND WITH ALOE VERA: Maui Moisture shampoo, conditioners, hair styling & treatment products start with a unique blend of aloe vera juice & are infused with coconut water. Our shampoos & conditioners are pH balanced, paraben free & silicone free.
- WHOLESOME BEAUTY FOR ALL HAIR TYPES: Sulfate Free Haircare, Maui Moisture has 6 lines of shampoos, conditioners, hair oils, masks, and styling products for different hair types and textures, to help get hair looking healthy.
This drugstore gem is made with gentle sulfate-free surfactants to cleanse your oily scalp, as well as organic coconut milk and coconut oils that smell amazing and add a big dose of moisture.
- Hydrate and nourish your hair
- Gentle cleansers wash away impurities
- With organic coconut milk & oils
- Beauty pure and simple. It's like a trip to the tropics in a bottle.
- Shampoo 3 Oz - Travel Size.
The L'Oreal EverPure is a range of salon-quality haircare that is designed for coloured hair and to protect color. There are no harsh sulfates, salts or surfactants that can strip, dull, or damage.
This one is infused with Marula Oil, gently cleanses frizz-prone hair for humidity and frizz control, manageability and smooth luminosity.
The oats are sourced from a quiet mill located along the rolling hills of the Mississippi River Valley, in a small town where pride and quality go hand-in-hand.
Buy on Lazada | RM 23
Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula products contain ethically and sustainably sourced Coconut Oil and Tahitian Monoï, infused with Tiaré flower petals. These raw, natural ingredients deeply hydrate, repair damage and give hair incredible shine. Palmer's Coconut Oil Formla Coconut Oil Conditioning Shampoo is a rich, creamy shampoo, free of sulfates and harsh detergents, that gently cleanses and removes buildup without stripping hair or interrupting its delicate moisture balance.
Palmer's Coconut Oil Shampoo Reviews Malaysia: 5.0/5 (Lazada)
Buy on Lazada | RM 66
Its rich, transforming formulas also recaptures what the hair has lost from colouring for renewed softness, manageability and shine with extraordinary color protection. Keravis strengthens hair and antioxidant rich Golden Marula Oil intensely nourishes to restore youthful movement, suppleness and shine.
Buy on Lazada | RM 90
Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo is a sulfate free and silicone free shampoo. It is formulated with an uplifting rosemary, peppermint and spearmint scent.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your shampoo has any of the above then it has Sulfates. If it states that it is “Sulfate free”, then it doesn’t contain Sulfates. There are many great Sulfate-free alternatives currently available.
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) have over 150 different names so it can be very difficult to determine whether your shampoo contains Sulfates. Here is a list of some of the different names used:
- Sodium dodecyl Sulfate
- Sulphuric Acid
- Sodium salt sulfuric acid
- Sodium salt